TRAIN & INFORM
- Help educate employees and customers on the importance to follow Health Authorities recommendations and the protective measures.
- Train employees on cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Affix signs and use audio messages to promote good practices.
CLEAN & DISINFECT
- Train employees on cleaning and disinfecting procedures, and protective measures.
- Thoroughly detail-clean and sanitize the entire facility, especially if it has been closed. Focus on high-contact areas that would be touched by both employees and guests.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently.
- Between seatings, clean and sanitize table condiments, reusable menus, digital ordering devices, check presenters, tabletops and common touch areas.
- Check restrooms regularly and clean and sanitize them based on the frequency of use.
- Make hand sanitizer readily available to guests. Consider touchless hand sanitizing solutions.
- Whenever possible, delivered goods should wait for a period of 24 hours in a ventilated place before being transported inside premises all goods must be sanitized before entering internal warehouses, positive or negative cold. The goods reception area must be regularly cleaned.
- Ensure food containers and utensils are cleaned and sanitized.
- Wrap food containers to prevent cross-contamination.
- Where salad bars and buffets are permitted, and where it is not possible to transform operations into table service, they must have sneeze guards in place. Change, wash and sanitize utensils frequently and place appropriate barriers in open areas.
- If providing a “grab and go” service, stock coolers to no more than minimum levels.
- Remove lemons and any other unwrapped items, including straws, from self-service stations.
- Help educate employees and customers on the importance of social distancing.
- Place floor markings and signs to encourage social distancing and ensure Health Authorities recommendations.
- Discourage employees or guests gatherings.
- Install plexiglass POS shield barriers.
- Encourage contactless payments.
- Set up designated pick-up areas inside or outside establishments.